• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a pump for BigwaterSE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The MCP655 has 1/2" barb connectors. My Bigwater SE came with 4 connectors for 1/2" tubing but thats not enough connectors to run 1/2" tubing the whole way. I could possible upgrade to the 1/2" if I could find the thermaltake 1/2" connectors for sale somewhere..

There are tons of connectors out there you can get. You don't have to wait for thermaltake.

Sorry to be a n00b but can you point me to where I can find connectors that will fit my WaterBlock and Resevoir and Radiator that are 1/2" ?

Really appreciate your help.. ;)

IMO don't dump any more $$$ into the mediocre watercooling kit and get proper watercooling or great aircooling.

Well, Jinu has a Bigwater pump he is going to get to me so I can get my rig back up and running. Maybe this is a sign that I need to get a decent system vs this cheapy system I have.

Should probably start researching better systems all together ehh?

Well, Jinu has a Bigwater pump he is going to get to me so I can get my rig back up and running. Maybe this is a sign that I need to get a decent system vs this cheapy system I have.

Should probably start researching better systems all together ehh?

I went through 6 of those exact same pumps, always died in about 3 months. I use to say stay away, but ever since I bought my 760is I'm soooo happy, great quality this time around. Great for a "budget" WC system.

I will just add that I have one of these kits, cooling a E6600 running 3.2ghz, and two 8800gts's and my temps aren't bad at all.

There are plenty of people who build "good setups" who's temps are alot higher then mine.

I had to get some adaptors for my gpu waterblocks. I went up size after the pump on the way into my first card, then went to the second card then downsized to go to my cpu then radiator then res.

I'll see if I can post a pic if you want.

My system is kinda ghetto but it works great for what it cost me :)

276103062_5dyH4-XL.jpg

Took long enough LOL I couldn't find my camera.

You can say its junk all you want, if it works and wasn't expensive and doesn't leak then its decent IMO.

If it's working and the OP understands the limitations down the road and the comparisons between a quality WC setup and a 'cheapo poorly made retail' setup then no worries.

As long as the OP is happy and temps are okay with no leaks, whats the big deal?

The OP knows, the OP is WCed. Welcome to the bomber class of WCing! You'll be moving up someday to something bigger, better, and more expensive, glad you came by and shared your experiance.

You can say its junk all you want, if it works and wasn't expensive and doesn't leak then its decent IMO.

False. Junky water with too long and too thin tubing gets beaten by an air cooler, and air is easier to maintain (wait...air doesnt need maintenance!) and is cheaper, and is less risky.

^^ but doesnt look NEAR as cool! ^^ haha

I just spoke with a couple of people and Im going to upgrade my system to

mcp655
d-tek fuzion

Not sure on the radiator yet. mentioned was the PA120.3 but thats pretty big and I REALLY like how this one fits inside.

Forgot to mention - This might be a crappy kit but its been a blast over the past couple of years using it. Learning about how these things work and what peaces effect different things. Maybe I should have gone with a sweet hsf setup but to tell you the truth, I never would have spent the BIG money on a nice watercooler setup had I not "Got my feet wet" with the Thermaltake kit. (Get it? Got my feet wet? hahaha) - OK, /end stupid pun...

Back