• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most expenssive board ever????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

Most expenssive consumer board ever????

Anyone saw prices for Asus Striker II EXtreme? Board sells for over $450 and it is DDR3 which doesn't make it cheaper. This has to be the most expensive consumer board ever that I saw. Man dollar has dropped a lot. Hopely there will be decent 750i board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131274

I usually find sli out of my price range. In old days two high end cards cost a lot and now motherboard cost more than decent gfx, actually two. Then again I may wish for support for keyboard and mouse on ps3.

Last edited:
Skull trails still costs more.

For that matter a lot of server mobos cost even more than that...

But I do get your point. WAY to much money to spend on a mobo. Its going to be beaten by something else next week anyway :p

Just wait and see in a few months, the 780I asus can be picked up under 300$ this might end up falling the same.
Hopefully 750 will be worth it or I give up totally on SLI, the heat NV mobos make is already something I have to struggle with.

Imo skulltrail is not that expensive compared to this mobo if you add support for another cpu and crossfire X.

i have a 486 motherboard with a price tag on it, its about $900 and its really nothing fancy

Dual LGA 771, weak.

I remember a post about dunnington, and they said it woould onlyt be socket 604(or 601 or w/e) and the guy said he wondered how much a 604 board would cost, and the posted a link to a quad socket with 16 ram slots.

That's got to be the most expensive board.

EDIT: Tigerton is a 80W 65NM 2.4GHZ quad for 1500, I bet dunnington is 3000. And I'm sure the quad 604 board costs like 2k.

Last edited:
prices are changing

mobo's are expensive but CPU's are now dirt cheap and also the performance you can get froma a$200-$30 video card is great, also harddrives are dirt cheap.. something has to be expensive...

PSU
Mobo's
Cases

When you consider the complexity in a single mobo and the continued support for BIOS and software updates it's not surprising. The low end hasn't changed prices, there are still decent budget and less featured boards but the high end has increased quite a bit. So the price range has expanded to a higher peak but still has the same lows. More choice is good I suppose.

Back