• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for some things to try

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyussinchains

I'm at my wits end with my motherboard.....

my system specs are in my sig, and I'm having a problem with booting. When powering on my computer, it does the "double boot" thing that many people have reported, however, almost EVERY time I boot the system, it switches itself on and off 3 times and then goes into overclocking failsafe mode.

I leave the BIOS settings as they are, save and exit, and it typically then boots fine, it then proceeds to run 100% stably. Occasionally it repeats the process a few times if it's being particulalry troublesome. Sometimes it sets the northbridge and southbridge voltages to the maximum value for no reason....

I'm running bios version 1.5, 333x9 @1.325V with the memory on a 1:1.2 ratio at 1.95V.

If I set the thing back to default values with no overclocking, the problem persists.... I thought it could be my ram, so I swapped it out and tried my old computer's ram. It booted fine 3 times in a row, but then the problem started again.

Can anyone help?

only thing i can think off is a full cmos clearing pull battery and put clr jumper on 2/3 for a full ten min.s or so make sure you unplug ps from wall hope this helps you
Rich

Back