• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KVM Switches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpliT71

So i've been looking for a KVM switch for my new setup. I picked up a Mac Mini 1.83 core 2 duo, etc.. to go along with my system in my sig. So now i need to find a decent KVM switch and DVI would be much easier, but the prices are so high. I was reading reviews on several random ones and how most people say sometimes pixels are weird, usb devices not responding, random things. Anybody have any experience they could share with me?:beer:

I've had good luck with Belkin and IOGear... my old Aten is a bit flaky, but it's also 20-someodd years old, so I wouldn't judge the brand based on that. None of mine are USB, but PS/2 is generally a bit more finicky anyway, so I have no reason to doubt the quality of a newer Belkin or IOGear unit.

I got mine on eBay... 30 bucks for a lot of 3 of 'em. Maybe it'd be worth seeing if you can find one there? I doubt you'd find a USB/DVI one that cheap, but they don't seem to hold huge resale value on the whole so you might find a decent deal.

I am running one from IOGear that I have had for years. No problems with it ever. Just to give you an idea of how long I have had it, it has ps/2 ports since it was made before USB was popular.

we use a belkin one at work and service mabye 20 computers a week and havent had a problem with them. (usb and ps2, mostly used the ps2 one though)

Back