• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching from Vista to XP: Storage drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oakstave

I have a storage drive 'written' by Vista, and I'm considering moving to XP on my main rig. (I have an extra license laying around, and it's going to save me a ton of headaches.)

Will I be able to access the multimedia files in my storage drive after I "downgrade" the OS?

I have a storage drive 'written' by Vista, and I'm considering moving to XP on my main rig. (I have an extra license laying around, and it's going to save me a ton of headaches.)

Will I be able to access the multimedia files in my storage drive after I "downgrade" the OS?

I can't imagine why not, unless you were using something like BitLocker. Did you have something in mind that might cause these files to become inaccessible?

I wasn't certain if the NTFS file system for Vista, and the way Vista sets up folders is going to be compatible with the XP

I know you can go from XP to Vista... not sure about the other way around.

Back