• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista to windows xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clifjb

I have a gateway fx 7024 wit a q6600 4g or ram a 8800gt. i have been able to install windows xp but everytime i reboot a blue screen comes up saying that windows could not continue. could anyone tell me y?

x64 or x86? I helped a guy do this for x86 XP and the only issue we had was a SATA driver that we had to add to the build disk. Check Gateway's site to make sure all of your drivers are correct.

check in the bios to see if there is a option to change the hdd mode from enhanced to compatible, if its a sata drive.

pci.sys - address F75FE0BF base at F75F7000, datestamp 3b7d855c

this is what it says under tech information when the blue screen comes up.

thats most likely due to a sata driver issue, like i said check for that setting, if it's not available then you need to supply the driver at install or like Ebola mentioned, you'll need to make a disk with the driver on it already.

how do i make a disk with it on there and where could i find the sata driver at.

My guess would be gateway's site, as for installing the driver, i think you can hit the F2 button during the loading of the disk when it mentions 3rd party drivers. As for making a disk with it, I would think you can use one of those programs that let you make unattended versions of windows.

nlite

IIRC sometimes on Gateway's site the drivers will only show up only under XP home or pro so look under both OSes. The drivers are interchageable so it's no biggie.

I think you need to run the sata driver exe from Gateway on the machine with nlite to extract the drivers (don't install them). Point nlite to the directory with the drivers. nlite should prompt you about driver selection. I can't remember what I did here but just select to include everything.

You may want to do a google search. You'll know when you get there.

did you look in the bios yet, it will save you alot of work if you have that setting, once windows is installed you can install the drivers directly and then you can change it back to enhanced without any problems.

Back