• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone here put an MCW60 on their G92?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

I'm not sure which attachment to use, I noticed there's no empty spot in the middle on the chip, on the back of the card. Can the circuitry support the back attachment? I'm afraid it's going to crush it.

I'm using one on my 8800GT with the standard backplate. It won't crush the resistors.

K, good. Just to make sure, you mean the black 4 screw one, with the pressure point in the center, right? I bought mine a while ago and got 3 different mounting plates.

And can I ask what you did for a ram/vreg heatsink config?

Last edited:
The standard back plate works just fine. I used some ramsinks from enzotech. They are just like the ones from Swiftech. I also used a combo of the Swiftech mc21 mosfet sinks and additional ram sinks. I found that a square ram sink would cover 4 of the mosfets which are arranged almost in a square. The mc21 fit the mosfets in line. My idle temps now on the 8800gt are 39c with 44c load. Stock fan ran 55c idle and 75-80c load!! I am very happy.

Back