• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a Freebie...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amd64crazy07

Complete build. (I work at the UPS Store) We have been unable to contact the sender of this computer for a good year now so its deadline for giving away is met. Its nothing too special but its not to bad...

Contents include..

Antec Case
MSI KT6V-LSR Board (Socket A lolz)
AMD Athlon XP 2300
Kingston HyperX 1GB
Hitachi "Death"star 123.5GB
ATI Radeon 9850Pro 256mb
Antec 350W

Like I said not much but it adds to my collection lol. The package was returned "Damaged" but the damage consisted of a HSF that fell off the graphics card and basically cooked it. Therefore it artifacts now.

Is there anything I can do to max this pup out?? I plan to max out the Ram to 2gb DDR400 and run a Barton 3200.

I don't know if there is much else you could do with that other than upgrading the ram and cpu. I don't know how good that MSI board is, but you might be able to overclock it some.

I wish I could get a freebie :)

Does it have a RAID controller? you could make it into a pretty spiffy NAS box with some redundancy :p

Noice score :)

~ Gos

Sounds like a HTPC box minus video card... or a fileserver like Goshawk mentioned. You probably won't need to upgrade anything at all, except the video card.

Yeah it may just turn into a storage center for all my stockpile. Strange thing is my last socket A was a MSI board... im just going to get a videocard and a 3200. Probably the end of upgrades for it. Then pack it in with a TB HDD. Im unsure about it being raid. It only has 2 Sata ports.

I use my 2500m as my fileserver pc. I don't have the heart to get rid of my old systems. Awesome getting the freebie!

Back