• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista and SATA DVD drives??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I had a previous installation of Vista and I never recognized this problem, but I have just recently swapped from XP x64 back to 64bit Vista Business. I just realized though, neither of my dvd drives show up in My Computer. I know there have been issues with people trying to get Vista to install from a SATA drive, but the installation worked perfectly.

In Device Manager, they show up, but say that there may be a problem with the device driver. I uninstalled them Device Manager and did a "scan for new hardware" and it shows the drive again, but still shows that there is a driver error.

Is this a common issue? Should I need some form of different CDROM driver for Vista? Drives are listed in Device Manager as: ASUS DRW-1814BLT SCSI CdRom Device.

Any ideas?

Do you happen to have Easy Media Creator 10, or QuickTime / iTunes installed? You might want to check in the registry (Type regedit in the Start Search field, and click on regedit.exe under Programs), under the following key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight this key, and if either the UpperFilters or LowerFilters values are present in the RH pane, delete them (right click each value name, and select Delete) and reboot.

Last edited:
Back