• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you pay an extra $100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Section8

Would you pay an extra $100 or so to buy a motherboard with an integrated X-Fi chip? God I would in an instant. I want to go Tri-SLI in the future but can't stand the idea of losing my sound card or having to jerry rig a sound card up with some kind of adapter. Just curious why no vendors have approached Creative with this idea?

I would, but tri-sli is overrated atm. Only uberfast cards can tri-sli today, so one, or even two of them is more than enough. Also, if you can afford tri-sli, you wont see any benefit with only one monitor, and I think the money would be spent better by getting a bigger hard drive because the size gets small fast.

I wouldn't. Creative has never had good drivers and I just use onboard sound now. I don't need eax 5 or whatever since it doesn't really add much to the game anyway. Besides I've heard that creative has terrible vista drivers.

their drivers are good.. unstable ram will take em out pretty easy tho if youve gone too far.. just uninstall and reinstall them :) onboard stuff always sounds like poo with my setup. if asus put xfi chips on their boards id be a happy camper :)

Back