• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended Printer Server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

Can anyone recommend a reliable and simple to setup print server that won't break the bank? My printer has both Parallel and USB.

the cheapest way would to use an existing PC ;)

but if you want a networked print server i would check to see what is compatibile , some do not have the capabilities to do some printer printings.

Then I would need to create space and and use all that power just to have constant printing ability between 3 other computers. On top of the labor involved in setting one up.

do you have one that runs 24/7?

but anywhom, i think linksys / netgear ones are "ok" i've not dealth with USB print servers, just LPT jet direct boxes, that worked quite well actually.

If you had a network printer then you wouldn't need a print server. :) Otherwise, just hook it up to one Windows PC and enable file and print sharing and have the others connect to that PC to print.

If you had a network printer then you wouldn't need a print server. :) Otherwise, just hook it up to one Windows PC and enable file and print sharing and have the others connect to that PC to print.

thats exactly what i was saying, just extremely vaguely. :)

I think I might actually have a print server box laying around somewhere. If I find it, I'll shoot you a PM. I snagged it off a job I was working on where the owner was going to throw it away. I'll let you know. I wouldn't charge ya for it, its just a dust collector.

Although saying that, +1 if you do have a PC running 24x7, just enable sharing. Either way, I'll look for it tonight and let you know if I didn't throw it out already.

Back