• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASROCK 939N68PV-GLAN - Anyone ever used it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silencer51

I was thinking of moving my s939 setup into a smaller, lighter case that is easy to move around.

Almost every such case accepts only micro-ATX mobos, and my DFI Expert won't fit.

I found this Asrock mobo dirt cheap online, does anyone know anything about it?

I know it won't be as good an overclocker as the DFI but I'm intending to keep things stock for this rig, so it doesn't matter.

It has the nforce 630a chipset.

Performance-wise how is this mobo compared to the DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert?

Also, does anyone know of a micro-ATX case that fit take a Zalman 9500AM2???

I know nothing about that particular board, any I have never heard of the chipset at all. ASRock boards are all low priced and when you buid with them you can readily see the shortcuts they've taken to minimize costs. That said, they seem to enjoy a pretty good reputation around here. There SATA 2 board was a huge hit in the niche market of AGP/PCI-e on one mobo. I was recently looking around for a 939 board and the pickings are quite slim. You just want to grab it while you can.

Good luck with it! :beer:

R7

I was thinking of moving my s939 setup into a smaller, lighter case that is easy to move around.

Almost every such case accepts only micro-ATX mobos, and my DFI Expert won't fit.

I found this Asrock mobo dirt cheap online, does anyone know anything about it?

I know it won't be as good an overclocker as the DFI but I'm intending to keep things stock for this rig, so it doesn't matter.

It has the nforce 630a chipset.

Performance-wise how is this mobo compared to the DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert?

Also, does anyone know of a micro-ATX case that fit take a Zalman 9500AM2???

I was also keen that board and I too was thinking the exact same thing to shrink my tower down but keep all my 939 parts. I went to answers.com to try and see if I could get any info on the Nforce 630a chipset it says its for AM2 CPU's. The only thing I can see that I would benefit from would be...

• Smaller Form Factor
  • Upgraded Onboard Sound From 5.1 to 7.1
  • My SATA-II HDD On A SATA-II Port (No Gain But Hey)

I was told by another system builder that ASROCK as a cheap division of ASUS not sure if that is true but they do seem to cut corners. There boards can have all the right features but use the rubbish chipsets which can cause lack of performance even if you have good CPU & GPU etc.

So I decided to order a smaller ATX tower and keep all my parts below, £50 for a board that should be less due to it being a dead socket thats to much.

Last edited:
Back