• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get Office 2003 to install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alfred

Can anyone please help.

I've just had to format my hard disc and re-install Windows XP on my system and for some reason my Office Professional 2003 disk won't install anymore. It's always worked fine before but now it reports that it can't find the file AV561403.CAB. I've searched the disc and it's definitely not there. I've downloaded the missing file and told the installation where it is and it refuses to recognise it.

The only difference on the system to the previous install is that the hard disc has been increased from 40GB to 80GB by removing an un-needed partition and it now has XP Home Edition instead of XP Professional. Windows has been fully updated with every service pack and upgrade available but still no difference.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Office tends to hide a lot of files on the disk so you have to go into folder options and select to view hidden files and possibly system files in order to see everything. And you can copy the files to a HD and run the install. You may just have to contact your OEM or MS to get a replacement disk.

I feel very stupid (regarding the hidden files), yes it is there but when I try and copy it to another folder, both it (AV561403.CAB) and another (CC561401.CAB) report an error of

"Cannot copy CC561401: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

What's that all about? Why should a disk that's worked perfectly fine for several years suddenly commit hara-kari?

You may be able to rip an ISO from the disk. ISO programs can often pull off more difficult files using other methods of reading data. If your successful, reburn the image and try the install again. ISO Buster is a great program.

If this doesn't work try contacting MS and ask for a replacement.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

You may be able to rip an ISO from the disk. ISO programs can often pull off more difficult files using other methods of reading data. If your successful, reburn the image and try the install again. ISO Buster is a great program.

If this doesn't work try contacting MS and ask for a replacement.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

I agree with the above, if that doesnt work you could just DL the demo of it from Microsoft and apply your key to it.

Is your Office 2003 Disk clean and free of scratches? If you have scratches on the disc you can always try the tooth paste method of repairing some surface scratches.

I've sourced one of the files (CC561401.CAB) which was on disc 2 which has FrontPage on it. But it didn't have AV561403.CAB.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site I can download it from?

Back