• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enabling WPA2 on router and NIC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I recently purchased a D-LINK router with WPA2 options on it cause I wanted some extra security.

I also purchased a D-LINK NIC to go into my wifes laptop that was recommended from their site to work with the router.

I have my router set up and running on my desktop just fine. I get internet and it seems good, althought it is hard wired in.

I went into the wireless settings and selected to use the WPA2 only mode and I entered a paraphrase in the spot available.

What I cannot figure out is how I get the NIC On the laptop to use the same paraphrase.

It can see my secure network, but when I select the option to connect to it, I get an error down on the task bar where the internet activity icon is that says there is not a certificate available, or something close to this. I know it has to do with a missing certificate or something.

I called D-LINK and they told me I needed all the XP window updates, but I have them all installed.

I am wondering what this could be, or how do I go into the advance options somewhere and tell the card to connect using this paraphrase?

Any help is appreciated.

I recently purchased a D-LINK router with WPA2 options on it cause I wanted some extra security.

I also purchased a D-LINK NIC to go into my wifes laptop that was recommended from their site to work with the router.

I have my router set up and running on my desktop just fine. I get internet and it seems good, althought it is hard wired in.

I went into the wireless settings and selected to use the WPA2 only mode and I entered a paraphrase in the spot available.

What I cannot figure out is how I get the NIC On the laptop to use the same paraphrase.

It can see my secure network, but when I select the option to connect to it, I get an error down on the task bar where the internet activity icon is that says there is not a certificate available, or something close to this. I know it has to do with a missing certificate or something.

I called D-LINK and they told me I needed all the XP window updates, but I have them all installed.

I am wondering what this could be, or how do I go into the advance options somewhere and tell the card to connect using this paraphrase?

Any help is appreciated.
Are you using the d-link client to connect (comes with the card), or windows?

That windows update worked. As soon as I updated and restarted when I tried to connect is asked for pass code.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Back