• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Stop 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal" Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psychotron

What does "Stop 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal" Error usually mean?
I searched on google and there a patch for it. I checked history and i have the patch. I have Vista 64.
I get it when playing COD4

Last edited:
Unstable overclock. This is basically the only thing I get with a semi stable clock, meaning it boots windows, and I might be able to open something, but then it crashes in 15-20 minutes.

How long, if at all, does it run COD4 before crashing? Still possible, I usually have this with RAM clocks by the way.

The only other time I may have had this (might have been something else) was from ZoneAlarm. Any chance you have that installed?

Dunno, that BSOD is pretty vague, has it always crashed, or it worked for a while and only started crashing? You could try disabling mcafee for a while, and make sure it doenst have any hidden processes running in the background. Ill be heading off now, but you could just try googling the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and each of the number codes individually until you come across something that might fit you, like how I had zone alarm that BSOD'd me, and now I dont. :beer:

Dunno, that BSOD is pretty vague, has it always crashed, or it worked for a while and only started crashing? You could try disabling mcafee for a while, and make sure it doenst have any hidden processes running in the background. Ill be heading off now, but you could just try googling the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and each of the number codes individually until you come across something that might fit you, like how I had zone alarm that BSOD'd me, and now I dont. :beer:

alright man, thanks for the help!

that IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error, whenever I've seen that, it's usually a driver. NIC usually.

hmm run memtest as well i heard some ppl say its from unstable overclock usually regarding ram but also ppl say its a driver issue as well so :X

i use to get it on old pc havent seen this error on my new one so yeaa..gl hope you fix it :D

hmm run memtest as well i heard some ppl say its from unstable overclock usually regarding ram but also ppl say its a driver issue as well so :X

i use to get it on old pc havent seen this error on my new one so yeaa..gl hope you fix it :D

Yeah, i had a chance to run memtest for 3hrs and no errors. Ima leave it over nite. Thanks!

UPDATE- I havent gotten that error ever since ive updated the NIC driver. I guess thats what gave me the bsod. Thanks for help!

What does "Stop 0x0000000A Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal" Error usually mean?
I searched on google and there a patch for it. I checked history and i have the patch. I have Vista 64.
I get it when playing COD4

Probably an unstable processor core OC. I used to get that when I was an overclock n00bie with socket A (2002).

Definitely sounds like it, both the exact error code (0x0000000A) and the fact it occurred during a game.

It's probably NOT the RAM.

It's probably NOT the FSB.

Looks like time to increase the Vcore, which Intel users consider blasphemy.

But, I'm puzzled about Prime95 still passing!

Last edited:
Back