• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just thought id post this here, everyone needs a good laugh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LucifurFox

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/VenomElectronicltd

this company seems to think that because a processor has multiple cores, that you multiply the cores GHZ by its number of cores. There site claimed they have 12+ GHZ computers! AND! there a power seller!

edit: I left a comment, politely explained that the title was incorrect, and the user deleted it, and didn't change the title.

Last edited:
Aside from being funny, isn't it uh... illegal? It's almost false advertising isn't it?

One could also argue that the consumer should do more research, no? It would take 5 seconds of using your google-fu to find out the truth ;)

Anyone buying on eBay these days almost deserves to be fleeced. It's scam central, and eBay supports the shady sellers without question.

Anyone buying on eBay these days almost deserves to be fleeced. It's scam central, and eBay supports the shady sellers without question.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. I have never been scammed on Ebay (aside from not being payed, if you can call that a scam). You just have to buy with your head and avoid the shady sellers you will inevitably encounter. It is sad that there are illegitimate sellers roaming Ebay but that should not sway your business from the many more legitimate sellers that can really give you a good deal.

As for the 12ghz claims, I agree with thid in that the customer should really do more research. I have seen many ebay sellers do this and it is really just up to the buyer to do their own homework on the matter.

I undertsand that people should know better, but they are preying on their ignorance. I've only had 1 bad experience on E-Bay. In fact I usualy find great deals on new items, i'm waiting for a Freezone to show up that I paid only $155 for, and it's not a re-furb from Coolit either. And I know it's gonna show up because all of his feedback was for this specific item and I don't think you can fake 55 E-Bay feedback's very easily.

" There's a sucker born every minute. " P.T.Barnum

Do you know how long they have been using this mis-leading advertising? Probably not long because they are going to get some major S*** for this from the proper authorities. I don't know what laws the U.K. has in place for this kind of problem, but it's certainly not ignorant of things of this nature.

Those scheissters have been using that misleading advertising ever since multi-core CPUs came out. They know exactly what they are doing - pulling in the suckers. Yeah, they are dirtbags. But IMO, eBay really stinks most of the time anyway.

Back