• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem w/ 22" LCD @ native resolution (Flickering)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tea_J

Hi guys

I just got my spankin brand new 22" HP w2207h LCD monitor and it's awesome..

I'm coming from an LG 19" Widescreen on VGA to DVI-VGA connector (Monitor to PC), and switching to HDMI to HDMI-DVI connector (Monitor to PC)..

my native resolution si 1680x1050, and at first boot the screen seems to adjust itself to its native resolution....

however it seems to flciker on and off like.. 0.2 seconds on and 0.8 seconds black screen.. i can barely see / make out my desktop...

This only happens when in windows full mode already (after initial windows loading screen)..

I tried to go into safemode and it seems ok there..

rebooting a few times and some troubleshooting stuff didnt seem to work..

what i did notice was, the problem doesnt exist on other resolutions except its native resolution (and a couple of other settings i think)....

1680x1050 @ 60hz is the native resolution, but if i set it to that it just fickers as described above..

if I set it to a resolution a step higher or lower to that it seems to be fine..

Why's this?

I switched back to analog vga connection for now :( wanted to use the full glory of hdmi :)

i'm on Sapphire 3870x2 1GB DDR3 @ Cat v8.2 by the way..

i dont know a whole about native resolutions and what not. however, when i plugged in my 32" hdtv to my pc, it would do the same on 1280x768 on anything more than 60hz. so maybe it has to do with the refresh rate. something to look into anyway. hope this helps and all goes well with it.

Yogurt

thanks for the reply..

native resolution is the resolution that the monitor is originalyl designed for.. like 19" widescreens @ 1440 width..

for my 22".. the native reso is 1680x1050 @ 60hz .. .. but if i set it at EXACTLY that it flickers. :(

Back