• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7200.11's not doing so hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

alright i was checking out the seagate 7200.11's (thinkin about the ~300gig one) and i noticed on new egg theyre gettin pretty bad reviews. well atleast the one i am lookin at.

its 50/50 with 5 stars and 1 star
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148316

bad batch mabe? i know i shouldnt take reviews on new egg too seriously but when it gets to be something like this it makes ya wonder.

any one else here get a 7200.11 drive?
what do ya think aboot it?

500GB 7200.11. Mine is nice drive, I like it. Hard to tell the difference between it and a 150GB Raptor as primary drive.

Yeah with the 7200.11s you have to be lucky.

Especially with the 'Made In China' ones... They are quickly headed for 'clicky-clicky death' land... :(

dont read newegg reviews.... case and point (even though this review says good things about this drive)

newegg review of this drive from the link you posted said:
purchased 2 of these drives from another place other than Newegg but felt it was important to post my overall experience with them here. These drives have been running in a Raid0 array for over a year now and they work great right out of the box and i have never had a single problem with these. If you want spectacular drives without breaking you're check book then these are it! I know some people get frustrated and write bad reviews because a product was flawed but this can happen with any piece of hardware and doesn't mean they are bad or the company itself is bad... IT happens people get a replacement and move on...!

this drive (7200.11 320gb) have only been out for less than a MONTH. But really seagate makes some good stuff with the best warrenty in the business. I have had my 7200.10 250gb drives for 1yr 8 months now and love them, and a friend has had 2 7200.10's for the same type and they are still going strong. There have been reports about some bunk 7200.11's but that always happens with a new product... hardly anyone that buys something like this in which it works perfectly ever reports about it, but almost all of the small ammount of people that do have a problem come and report...

ANYWAYS this 7200.11 320gb uses an all new platter, it is a SINGLE platter drive and thus has the HIGHEST ariel density of any seagate drive.

yea i knew about the platters, and theyre supposedly pretty fast but i didnt read that review. generally if theres a 50/50 like this on a decent product name somethings up.

i'm guessing a bad batch, i'll give it as much time as i can before i buy one

Back