• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Res Location

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wouldnt advise a bay res.. I have heard some pretty nasty storues about them leaking and such. if you do get one get a metal one not an acrylic one.

im sure you could find somewhere to strap a swiftech micro with zipties. thats the best idea IMHO.

that is an awesome case! :) check out my thread in water cooling.here. i ahve the same exact case. what are you running in your 5.25" bays and how many harddrives? what pump and all are you going with?

your best bet is a tline. i relocated my 3 hdds into my 5.25" bays and removed the HDD cage for my pump.

DON'T get a bayres. They are poorly designed, don't work very well, and just are notorious for being poorly constructed and leaking.

Get a Swiftech Microres. I can see any number of places you can easily mount one. Or if you prefer, go with a T-line.

I see space for the micro res right beside the 3.5" bays, and you could fill it by takeing off the side panel

000bf_big.jpg

thanks for the recommendations all. I will most likely try and go with a bay res. only cuz i like the look. yea, this case is freakin sweet......

my next question is regarding the radiator. i don't want to go external on it but what do you think?

I would'nt use a bayres, or any res for that matter. A "T" line works best and takes less room. Besides resevoirs are prone to leak.

Be advised you've been warned.

The most common reason for a bayres failure is simple, people use antifreeze in the systems, the glue that holds the res together breaks down with the use of antifreeze, plus their are plently of high quality bayres out now, of course you have to pay a premium, but they are very nice, just remember to never use antifreeze and you won't have the problems with the high quality ones.

The most common reason for a bayres failure is simple, people use antifreeze in the systems, the glue that holds the res together breaks down with the use of antifreeze, plus their are plently of high quality bayres out now, of course you have to pay a premium, but they are very nice, just remember to never use antifreeze and you won't have the problems with the high quality ones.

I had 2 bayres leak and I wasn't using antifreeze. i will never use a res again, and if I can deter someone from using one I will.

who were they made by and what were they made of if I may ask? I've used many of bay res with no problems in my time.

I had the MCRES, a bayres and the tiny round res with the red cap. Forgot the name of it, it's been so long. the MCRES and Bayres leaked thru where they were joined at. The little res would leak at the fittings.

thread tape and/or o-ring on the one that leaked at the fittings? The other two I think you just got bad ones, as I've used about 4 different bayres most acrylic, one can't spell what it's called, the milk jug type plastic, although those are prone to split at the seams

thread tape and/or o-ring on the one that leaked at the fittings? The other two I think you just got bad ones, as I've used about 4 different bayres most acrylic, one can't spell what it's called, the milk jug type plastic, although those are prone to split at the seams

Yeah, i agree on the milk jug type ( swiftech discontinued). The little red cap one would constantly leak at the threaded fittings. I tried teflon tape, o-rings and even epoxy.

I just gave up on the whole resevoir thing. Ever since I went T line I've never encountered a leak problem..ever. I did, however, lose a pump due to power failure which killed my video card :shrug:

Sry to threadjack.

Thank you all for you help.

What about radiator location in the same case? Like I mentioned before, I don't want to make it external, any suggestions?

Back