• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DAMN! My dvd burner is stuck in my case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
I was taking out my dvd burner from my case, and I forgot that my case needed it to be pulled out from the front, not pushed into the case and taken out that way. Now its stuck about 1 inch into the case. Any ideas? :mad::bang head

Watch for any stray pieces of metal that could scratch the faceplate, and slowly push it through the front. You may be able to pull the drive cage a little wider, but be careful not to bend it, just enough to reduce friction.

Lubricate it with butter. :bang head
But seriously... what kind of answers were you expecting other than "Pull on it"? Thats my answer anyway. Worst case drill the rivets out and remove the cage then put it back in.

I tried giving it almost more than reasonable force lol. I would disasemble the case, but there are no screws for the drive cage! :bang head Its STUCK! :( I even tried having my brother pull the drive cage apart while I was pushing like crazy on the dvd player to get it out! :mad: :bang head

It isn't hitting the front panel by any chance, right? Take the front off and try again ;)

Nope, nothing catching on it, just that its not supposed to go that way because its a tool-less installation one. Front panel isnt hitting it either. :bang head I am so retarded sometimes...

Well, if it's not catching on anything, I say just give it all you've got.

I mean.. it's probably only what.. $30 to replace? It could be worse. :)

False. If I bash it and it messes up my case thats 170 dollars to replace plus 35 for the drive.

I tried hitting it a few times and it still wont budge! FFS! I am gonna try to put a lubricant on it somehow lol.

False. If I bash it and it messes up my case thats 170 dollars to replace plus 35 for the drive.

I tried hitting it a few times and it still wont budge! FFS! I am gonna try to put a lubricant on it somehow lol.
Instead of NOT THINKING, take a break and look at it. Something is obviously preventing it from moving, CHECK IT OUT. Hitting it and putting oil on it is careless.

Good idea dap.

And yeah thiddy, I already examined it and everything. The problem is the tool-less drive bay thing, which I already tried to disassemble but didnt work. I tried gigabyte's website and all...Im gonna try to take the whole drive bay case thing out and see how that works.

@Majin
Nope, the case is fine. Feels flimsy to the touch but I am surprised at how strong and durable it is.

Just like pulling a loose tooth. Tie a chain to the hitch on a big truck and the other end to the drive. Lodge your PC b/n some large branches on a sturdy tree. Hit the gas!

Back