• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need the pics, and info about unlocking an AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark

Hi guys,
I am building a new computer for a friend.
It'll have an AMD T-Bird 1 GHz (266 FSB), and a cheap Motherboard; PC Chips M830LR/ ECS K7S5A.
I know this motherboard does not support much oveclocking, but it's what he's going to get.
The MB does not support multiplier changes/vcore changes, except CPU Default.
And has limited FSB changes.

I am looking for the AMD Bridge Pictures/Info for the Multiplier/VCore/FSB.

Please post them if you got them, or know where to get them.
Thanks,
Mark

AnandTech has a great AMD CPU Overclocking Guide. That should answer most of your questions in length and has great close up pictures; bridge descriptions Good luck! Take your time! :)

thanks for your help willysnut.

they had the voltage bridge settings, but not the multiplier.
i know that if i close all L1 bridges the CPU will be unlocked.
what i am looking for is say if i close the first line on L1 and close all the others what multiplier would that get me (kinda like this table that was on anandtech but for multipliers)

here is what i need but for the multipliers.

voltage.gif

thanks for any help.
mark

first it is best to know which board you have.
some board allow you to change multiplier on it.
some will allow u to change in bios and some have a jumper.

I have to cut my board and sodlering all those little wire up to add dipswitch. Paint in the butt (_)(_).

Changing the multiplier on the cpu is tricky business because it requires that you connect and disconnect the bridges, as appropriate. This is a prob because if you overclock doesn't work for you, your are stuck...

I would just spend a tiny bit more and get a mobo that allows multiplier changes, if you are commited to that.

In the alternative, I will say that I have been able to achieve very good overclocking results with the K7S5A with the fsb only. I did do the pencil trick to raise the voltage a bit, and I have been happy with the results.

If you are indeed commited to altering the multiplier bridges, refer here, it discusses the bridge configuration, as well as possible methods...
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q3/000711/index.html

gsxr750, I did see that earlier, but then i saw the $45 price.
and figured I can do the same thing with cutting, closing the bridges.

I don't even know yet if I will try to overclock this cpu at all, or much.
I am looking to get all my information now.

It looks like I have found all the charts, and will print them, keep them handy if i do decide to overclock.

thanks guys,
mark

Back