• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help OCing my 8800GTS (640MB) please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phil178821

so i have an EVGA 8800GTS (640MB).

I originally had an A3 core, clocked at 660 core and 1050ish memory with stock cooling.

when i went water, i messed up something with the water block and damaged the card and i had to RMA it (yeah i am a moron :()

i just received my replacement in the mail today, put my blocks back on it and began OCing. much to my disappointment, it is an A2 Core :eek::bang head

so with my Swiftech MCW60 water block on it, i get about 38 idle and 42C load.

now i have the MC8800 sink kit for the ram chips, mosfets, and IO chip. i originally attached them to my first card using the tape that came with them. since i had to remove them and RMA the card, the tape became gunky and less sticky, so, i removed it, cleaned with articlean, and attached the sinks with Arctic Ceramique and a dab of crazy glue on the corner if it was necessary. i moved the sinks around so i had an even coating of ceramique across the chips..

so now the over clock.. i can easily do 690 on the core. however, on the ram, i get errors at 820!!!, i used to be able to reach 1000+ on air with old pre RMA card. are these low ram speeds cause of poor sink contact? i have two medium to low CFM 120mm fans blowing over the card..

thanks for any input,

Phil

yeah, i am happy with the core.

just confused on the ram. you could be right, maybe it just won't clock.

Back