• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCTV or IPTV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warren G

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with these. Ive been doing some research the last few weeks and can't decide on what I need. I want to monitor the front/back of my house. IPTV would be nice but it costs around 200+ for a decent cam and up to 700 for a quality one, while CCTV costs half as much. I've been reading CCTV are old techs with less features, but the only feature I need is viewing the cam over inet. Is there a way to set this up on CCTV? Also anyone have any experiences with the picture quality of IPTV cameras?

Both.

I got a Swann PC-DVR4 and 2 colour wireless and a receiver.

Cost something like 200$ on sale, nice solution but depends if wireless is for you.

i'll post some vids if you like.

no i am going the wired route. i like the iptv style since it has PoE, but it guess itll take some extra work just to run the wires to power the CCTV cams. Which system would have a better picture/video quality?

Back