• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTAIV + 360 Bundle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty god deal! Sony does have a PS3 Gta4 bundle. Though I wouldn't be surprise if Sony comes out with some kind of similar gift card deal.

If next month were June instead of May I'd sell my PS3 and pick this up (since I plan on getting the 80GB model when MGS4 comes out anyway.)

But hell... I already paid for the PS3 version anyway. Not worth all the trouble. A good deal for somebody (like Unrealalex) who doesn't have a next gen system yet...

Thats pretty much what MS is banking on with this deal. Guys just like Unrealalex...

Unless Sony comes out with the same deal... Microsoft'll get 'em, too.

All the fifty bucks really does, though, is make the price difference between the 360 and the PS3 real for a year. Then next year it becomes even again, and the next year it's more expensive.

Excellent short-term strategy though... No question about that. I bought my 360 because they were giving away a free game and a free 1 year replacement plan. And actual GTA IV *bundle*... where you just got the game free with a premium system... would've helped a lot more.

So many people have already preordered GTA now... It's not like when microsoft was giving away Need for speed, or call of duty three, or GRAW... They run the risk of not HAVING any copies of GTA to give to people buying systems...

That's when people start to look across the aisle to the PS3.

No mistake about it: April 29th is going to be pure hell. I'm not even feeling that easy about my preorder. I want to be the first guy in the store. People who thing they're going to just waltz in to Best Buy for that deal with no preorder have another thing coming...

I thought Sony was releasing GTA4+PS3 40gb bungle for £279-£300 (convert yourself :beer: ) the adverts for GTA4 are all from Microsoft not seen 1 from Sony yet so MS are desperate to get some sales out of this one.

Unless Sony comes out with the same deal... Microsoft'll get 'em, too.

All the fifty bucks really does, though, is make the price difference between the 360 and the PS3 real for a year. Then next year it becomes even again, and the next year it's more expensive.

Excellent short-term strategy though... No question about that. I bought my 360 because they were giving away a free game and a free 1 year replacement plan. And actual GTA IV *bundle*... where you just got the game free with a premium system... would've helped a lot more.

So many people have already preordered GTA now... It's not like when microsoft was giving away Need for speed, or call of duty three, or GRAW... They run the risk of not HAVING any copies of GTA to give to people buying systems...

That's when people start to look across the aisle to the PS3.

No mistake about it: April 29th is going to be pure hell. I'm not even feeling that easy about my preorder. I want to be the first guy in the store. People who thing they're going to just waltz in to Best Buy for that deal with no preorder have another thing coming...

I wouldn't worry about a reserved copy. If it really bothers you, you can still pre-order at gamestop. Their reservation policy is the only reason why I shop there.

Bah, as long as Wal Mart and Target doesn't put some kind of preposterous ban on it, there's no need to pre-order, just walk into there and pick up a copy.... Should that fail, I've still got Worst Buy and Circuit ****ty to fall back on. I'm bound to find a copy on release day....

Bah, as long as Wal Mart and Target doesn't put some kind of preposterous ban on it, there's no need to pre-order, just walk into there and pick up a copy.... Should that fail, I've still got Worst Buy and Circuit ****ty to fall back on. I'm bound to find a copy on release day....

Here's a few good reasons to pre-order, Fudge: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=803527

$10 gift card at CC for pre-ordering the 360 AND PS3 version.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I'd be very surprised if the demand was greater than the supply for this game. I know its a huge release, but I think they'll get plenty out.

In all honesty, I'd be very surprised if the demand was greater than the supply for this game. I know its a huge release, but I think they'll get plenty out.

but it's in their interest NOT to do that. the "limited" supply creates hype. hype creates demand. there won't be anything to talk about in the news if there are copies on shelves. people like to talk about "sold out everywhere"

Going to pre-order at CCity. I hate pre-orders, but a $10 gift-card seals the deal.

deception``

It's 12 miles from my house to the closest retailer that would sell games not named Wal-Mart and through thick traffic at that.... $10 is not enough of incentive for me to preorder considering the gas and time I'd waste going there and back. Hell, it'd cost $4 in gas alone.....

but it's in their interest NOT to do that. the "limited" supply creates hype. hype creates demand. there won't be anything to talk about in the news if there are copies on shelves. people like to talk about "sold out everywhere"

Something tells me that there doesn't need to be a shortage of copies of GTA IV for the game to get a bunch of press hype. I give it one day following release tops before CNN and Fox news have stories about young minds being corrupted by the new Grand Theft Auto Game. I say in about 3 or 4 months when the sales start to drop, we'll have another huge scandal on our hands when someone discovers the new "hidden" hot coffee mod for GTA IV.

It's 12 miles from my house to the closest retailer that would sell games not named Wal-Mart and through thick traffic at that.... $10 is not enough of incentive for me to preorder considering the gas and time I'd waste going there and back. Hell, it'd cost $4 in gas alone.....

I keep telling you to get out of the sticks Fudge... :p

The key is seeing if the local Best Buy has it, then if not, swinging around to my stronghold which is the local anime store.

I got halo 3 on the release day no PROBLEM. They always have 50 more copies than they actually need, it's strange.

Back