Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Froth

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 08:51 AM Thread Starter   #1
Hillsdale

Froth

How do i get rid of froth in my loop?

And also, how full should my res. be at all times?

=Rig=-[Fractal R3 Black] [EVGA GTX 580] [Intel Core i7 2600K] [Asus P8P67 Pro] [Kingston 64GB SSD, Barracuda (x4) 2TB] [Mushkin 8GB DDR3] [Corsair 1000w] [LG 23.5", Samsung 24"]-
Hillsdale is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-08, 09:17 AM   #2
billb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsdale View Post
How do i get rid of froth in my loop?

And also, how full should my res. be at all times?
Rez should be full enough so that air in the headspace isn't sucked back into the loop.

Froth takes time. You could shut down for a while to let the tiny froth bubbles coalesce into larger bubbles that come out better in the rez. Start up again for just a minute or so to keep what air there is in the system from getting churned up again by the pump. repeat......

Old 04-23-08, 09:17 AM   #3
CGR

10 Year Badge

how long has the loop been running? froth as you put it usually gets cleared after a few days of running the loop.

As far as your res, it depends on what kind it is. If its a 5.25 bay res then it should be full at all times. If its a tall res then it should have a couple inches over the barbs at all times.

HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

CGR is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-08, 04:26 PM Thread Starter   #4
Hillsdale

I turned off my pump and added more coolant, its right close to the top now, and what do you know, after about 15 min of running it the loop started to clear, its now fully clear and running. Its coming up on the 24hour leak test mark, im going to put everything in @ 20hours (which is in 45 min)

=Rig=-[Fractal R3 Black] [EVGA GTX 580] [Intel Core i7 2600K] [Asus P8P67 Pro] [Kingston 64GB SSD, Barracuda (x4) 2TB] [Mushkin 8GB DDR3] [Corsair 1000w] [LG 23.5", Samsung 24"]-
Hillsdale is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop