• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 @ 3.6 GHz with FSB 8 x 1800?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troopertroop

Registered
Well I can't get the thing stable on 9 x multiplier above 3.1 GHz, so I tried to change the multiplier! Now it boots into windows and seems pretty stable @ 3.6, but with FSB 1800(450) and multiplier 8x. The settings are Vcore = 1.46, VRam = 1.95, FSB VTT = 1.4, NB = 1.4 and SB = auto. The memory is running @ stockspeed of 800 MHz.
Loadtemp is 71 C. I am just wondering if the high FSB will be bad for the mobo/cpu/system?!
Thnx!

yeah i had my q6600 running that very same setting last night before I disliked all the voltage and put it back down, but it's fine.

Well I can't get the thing stable on 9 x multiplier above 3.1 GHz, so I tried to change the multiplier! Now it boots into windows and seems pretty stable @ 3.6, but with FSB 1800(450) and multiplier 8x. The settings are Vcore = 1.46, VRam = 1.95, FSB VTT = 1.4, NB = 1.4 and SB = auto. The memory is running @ stockspeed of 800 MHz.
Loadtemp is 71 C. I am just wondering if the high FSB will be bad for the mobo/cpu/system?!
Thnx!
I have stable OCs at 8x450 and 9x400 but I think that 450 is right at the FSB wall for my Asus P5K-E motherboard and could get pushed over the edge my transients. IMO, 9x400 is safer.

BTW, add a pusher fan to your Tuniq and you should be able to shed several degrees of load temperature.

Back