• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ramsink placement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandam00nium

I just got my accelero s1 rev. 2, and when I took off my XFX 8800GT heatsink I was confuzzled after placing the 8 ram sinks on the card. Shouldn't there be about 4 more to use on the right side of the core? The blue circle is where I usually see people placing more ramsinks...

I apologize for the horrendous pictures. I took them with flash on for some reason, and I had to reinstall the card back into the case. I took a picture of both sides. Am I suppose to place addition ramsinks on the ones circled red? This card design seems different from the pictures I saw that had aftermarket ramsinks installed.. Any help is appreciated. x.x

Attachments

• IMAGE_034.jpg
    IMAGE_034.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAGE_035.jpg
    IMAGE_035.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 97
They don't need HS, just a little bit of airflow and they are fine.

The only ones you want to worry (if you want to worry) about are the two main vRegs on the back of the card.

They don't need HS, just a little bit of airflow and they are fine.

The only ones you want to worry (if you want to worry) about are the two main vRegs on the back of the card.

Yeah they do, I have tested it with and without sinks and my OC was lower without

Also notice on that pic in the link that the hottest spot # 3 is in fact the back of the card where that mosfet marked as # 10 sits on the front of the card, so the cooler the front mosfet is kept the better.

Last edited:
Also notice on that pic in the link that the hottest spot # 3 is in fact the back of the card where that mosfet marked as # 10 sits on the front of the card, so the cooler the front mosfet is kept the better.

bad link. :p

And I can provide better pics later on when I receive the ramsinks I ordered from wluk. :)

Back