• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best PS3 games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joe2000gt

Well, it looks like I will be picking my PS3 up tonight. Does anyone have any suggestions of what games to get? I know I will be picking up The Show '08 for sure. What are some other possibilities? I already have a 360, so what games are PS3 exclusive that are worth picking up. I'm not looking for any specific genre, although I trend towards action, FPS, 3rd Person shooters, and strategic games. Thanks!!:beer:

My favorites:

MLB 08: The Show
Burnout Paradise
Assassin's Creed

Also many reccomend Uncharted, although I rented it and found it uninteresting.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma was very good, it's a fighting / action genre with a decent story.

Assassin's Creed, Burnout Paradise (but GT5 is coming out soon), CoD4 Modern Warfare, Tom Clany's Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Rock Band is a solid game if you want to spring for the guitar and other stuff.

My sister got ratchet and clank tools of destruction, it was pretty fun but it doesn't really have that much game play and its more for little kids, but geniunely fun nonetheless.

I'm saving my money for grand turismo 5, metal gear solid 4, and grand theft auto 4 atm

Oblivion is also a very good game if you haven't played it yet, RPG / strategy.

The Show rules.....

Some people really like MotorStorm but I wasn't that big on it.
Formula One is an okay racer if you're into F1 cars.
WarHawk is supposed to be good but is multiplayer only
Oblivion is a given
Tekken 5 from the Playstation online store is a good buy

Warhawk is fun, the new weapons in the expansions lQQk awesome too. FIFA 08 is KILLER! I just bought Resistance for $35, but haven't played much of it.

I play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix from the PlayStation Store the most, since my lady is really into it.

Pick up Uncharted for sure, and a dual shock 3! Resistance if you like FPS, and Warhawk if you dig multiplayer... probably the best multiplayer game I've ever played.

Back