• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Batch #L803B116, anyone hear anything about this batch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WiglyWorm

Just wondering what I can look forward to when I try to OC this Q6600. I already have one, but I'm building this PC for a friend.

same batch here, lapped on tuniq tower 3.6 easy, 3.8 bech, 4.0 hot hot hot
give her 1.48v pencil mod for 3.8 stable

depends what im doing, i need a little more info on your current setup. MOBO,RAM,PSU, GPU's

see my post about ventrilo, i heve an extra server if you need a walkthrough on OC ing the q6600 i run 780i but i have experience with other boards on builds i do for clients. ive done a crapton of q6600 builds and some real nice higher air quad builds. Ive found that actually memory and FSB holes are the only 2 things anyone should have to overcome, dont ask me about offbrand mobos, if you got Asrock,or Abit mobos i can only help so much since i dont know their BIOS and it would take alot of info for me to help. DFI i know well, i use EVGA 780i but as my 750i FTW is in the mail, replacement and 50$ credit to my next board via my EVGA sales rep ill soon be running that as i have no desire to go Tri-SLI, when i need that much power ill have the new Zotac 9900GTX's lol no need for now as my OC's crush 9800GX2 tri SLI lol.

Ive taken b3 steppers higher than GO stepper based on the mobo, so don;t believe everything that you read.

then show me how to get over 3.5 :( ive tried nearly everything and cant get it 3.6+stable. dont know the batch, but from my VID its pob the bad one (1.325). i have a decent MB (p5k3) and fast memory, but the chip just wont go anymore. seems to be equally dependent on the MB and CPU

1.325 is apparently the highest there is. higher VID generally means not as good of an OCer. needs more volts = more heat. getting over 1.5v is starting to tread into dangerous territory (both voltage and heat). so if (hypothetical, im making no claims to whats ACTUALLY possible) i had a vid of 1.212 and could get 4.0GHz on 1.5v stable, with the VID it might not be safe because of the extra voltage and heat required.

1.325 is apparently the highest there is. higher VID generally means not as good of an OCer. needs more volts = more heat. getting over 1.5v is starting to tread into dangerous territory (both voltage and heat). so if (hypothetical, im making no claims to whats ACTUALLY possible) i had a vid of 1.212 and could get 4.0GHz on 1.5v stable, with the VID it might not be safe because of the extra voltage and heat required.

lol 4.0 stable...how long 1 hour? cmon bro gimmi a break even if you do get it stable your pumping WAY MORE then 1.5....i notice a lot of people are untruthful with things... show me your screener of that 1.5v 4.0ghz stable for 3 hours @ least....

i said hypothetical, read the post. the numbers dont really matter. all im saying is that to get the SAME clock, a lower VID chip will need less volts and hence less temps, hence more wiggle room on the volts/temps when you start really upping the clocks.

i have seen some do 4.0 on say 1.55v and 1.6v. and they had LOW vids and under water. if i tried the same with mine, i could never do it. i would need more volts and produce much more heat. thats why my initial challenge to shadowmonk was posted since he implied the MB had more to do with overclockability than anything else. i believe that im at the peak for my processor at 3.5GHz with a vid of 1.325 (which is actually pretty decent from other stuff ive seen). but hey if he somehow knew a way to get more and be stable im all for it.

Back