• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Upcoming GPUs Line-Up For Q2/Q3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

For the high-end enthusiasts segment., Nvidia will launch GeForce 9900 GTX and 9900 GTS in July to replace the 9800 GX2 and GTX. There is a die shrink on G92 for GeForce 9800 GT cards. Nvidia has also cancelled plans to launch GeForce 9800 GTS because there are simply too many high end GPUs. We told you earlier, GeForce 9600 GSO will launch on May 13th which is just a rebrand of the 8800 GS. The rest of the mainstream and value GPUs like 9500 GT, 9500 GS, 9300 GE and 9300 GS will come in June-July timeframe.
http://vr-zone.com/articles/Nvidia_Upcoming_GPUs_Line-Up_For_Q2Q3/5738.html

nvgpulineup.gif

Nvidia doesn't even try to get their naming scheme right anymore :beer:

That 9900GTS better live up to the awesomeness of the 8800GTS.

I'm interested to see if the double cards will keep getting produced or if those are only bridges between new cores.

Will we see a HD4xxxX2 or a GT200 x2 soon or will they bring those out when they are lagging behind their new core release. I think it will be the latter.

Yes, the new GT200 core is supposed to be retarded good.

Is there any info on the potential performance of the GT200? All I remember is that spoof thread some time ago where some supposed 3D Mark scores were published (that were disappointingly low).

Is there any info on the potential performance of the GT200? All I remember is that spoof thread some time ago where some supposed 3D Mark scores were published (that were disappointingly low).

Nvidia says it's 'supposed' to be that good, but who knows what it will really be like. Nvidia's spokesman, board, and CEO like to talk alot of E-Trash :)

I don't think Nvidia would take the 9800GX2 out of production if their highest GT200 card offerings got owned by it, and if they do, they are going to get some hate.

Nvidia says it's 'supposed' to be that good, but who knows what it will really be like. Nvidia's spokesman, board, and CEO like to talk alot of E-Trash :)

I don't think Nvidia would take the 9800GX2 out of production if their highest GT200 card offerings got owned by it, and if they do, they are going to get some hate.

That's true with all the smack talk about "the Intel CPU is dead" recently. Sounds like a playground fight. :beer:

This is going to be interesting for sure. I have no idea why they just didn't name the core G100 instead of GT200? Well, at least it should be a completely new core rather than a few tweaks here and there.

So with the new Intel chips having the GPU built in will that completely eliminate a need for low end graphics cards? Intel is playing dirty if they do that.

Ditto ....Man , how many so-called NEW versions of of v/cards do we need out at one given time :rolleyes:. Unless there is a 30%+ or better boost in performance then the current status its all a waste of time and $$$ (consumer end).

Each little incremental change for a mear 5%-(maybe)10% increase in performance lately is getting ridiculous and only brings down the values of relatively new cards . Dont get me wrong , Iam all for new tech and increased performance ; but damn make it worth our while and hard earned cash to upgrade .

I liked it much better when we actually had to wait quite awhile for the next gen of cards with a bigger performance increase , then we actually had to something to look forward to . This every 4 months of new xxxx is getting kinda stupid . :-/

When we actually see a nice 35-50% increase in performance with-in a single generation , then I'll probably upgrade my current Sli ; but not before . Just my opinion . :p

Last edited:
Ditto ....Man , how many so-called NEW versions of of v/cards do we need out at one given time :rolleyes:. Unless there is a 30%+ or better boost in performance then the current status its all a waste of time and $$$ (consumer end).

Each little incremental change for a mear 5%-(maybe)10% increase in performance lately is getting ridiculous and only brings down the values of relatively new cards . Dont get me wrong , Iam all for new tech and increased performance ; but damn make it worth our while and hard earned cash to upgrade .

I liked it much better when we actually had to wait quite awhile for the next gen of cards with a bigger performance increase , then we actually had to something to look forward to . This every 4 months of new xxxx is getting kinda stupid . :-/

When we actually see a nice 35-50% increase in performance with-in a single generation , then I'll probably upgrade my current Sli ; but not before . Just my opinion . :p

100% agreed

Follow the link Shiggity. The first application for the chip is going to be a graphics card, not a combined processor..

Back