• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggestions for 26" TFT monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silencer51

After 12000 hours of continuous operation my trusty 4 yr old LG 20" monitor is starting to show signs of age, i.e. decreased brightness and image burn-in in a couple of spots (taskbar & title bar) that won't go away...

I have gotten used to 1600x1200 and would like to move up (I enjoy screen real estate), now since my monitor is 4:3 and all monitors nowadays are 16:10, if I want to get something with a higher than 1200px vertical res I have to look for a 24-26" monitor (1920x1280).

I was thinking of going either with LG again or with Samsung... What do you think?

The Samsung SM2693HM has an acceptable price methinks. Any opinions on that?

From looking around I realized that 99% of TFTs on the 24-26" range use TN panels.

If one wants to go with something better, one has to look for monitors around the 1000$ price range :(

I regularly use 2 LG monitors, one has an MVA panel (my 20" one) and the other uses a cheaper TN panel. Well the difference, to me at least, is very, very big (in favor of the MVA panel of course).

From checking around, there is a modestly priced LG model (245W IIRC) that uses a SIPS panel... but it is very hard to find here in Greece. :/

Back