• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally bought a q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

core2due

Well I finally bought a q6600 to replace my pentium D Wich is a good little fast processor. I'm going to use it to put togather a new family computer to replace the slow 2.6ghz p4. I would of bought the new 45nm but don't know if my board will support it so just got the q6600. The only real advantage to 45nm is less heat and less power right?:screwy::)

Q6600 is still a solid competitor even with the new 45nm quads out. It has its own advantages especially when it comes to price. The 45nm are a slightly faster clock for clock but not much. The greatest advantage that I see in 45nm is SSE4 instruction if you actually make use them.

Its a good chip i was going to either get the Q6600 or the Q9X00 but the FSB wall turned me off.....

good choice man and good luck with it...dont expect it to go to 4ghz because if you are then you got yourself the wrong chip =D (that was uncalled for, sorry)

you should be able to get 3.6ghz no problem though no matter what VID you have

Well I finally bought a q6600 to replace my pentium D Wich is a good little fast processor. I'm going to use it to put togather a new family computer to replace the slow 2.6ghz p4. I would of bought the new 45nm but don't know if my board will support it so just got the q6600. The only real advantage to 45nm is less heat and less power right?:screwy::)
That DFI infinity 975x mobo is limited to 1066 FSB and 800MHz memory. Most / many contemporary boards support 1333/1066MHz. IMO, your Q6600 will hit an FSB wall at a rather low overclock. A new mobo would be a great place to spend your stimulus check.:beer:

Back