• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with G Skill DDR2-1000 2x2GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coreyhm1

I got this ram today in hope of high overclocks on my cpu. Well, im starting to give up, and im hoping its user error.

I can't even get this ram up to spec, and the only way i can get it to DDR2-890 is with all sub-timing on AUTO, otherwise it won't even post, with it on auto, it barely boots to windows before freezing

heres what my bios looks like, this is all stock. What should i change?

DSCF2841.jpg

I'm like this right now --> :screwy:

I got 2 set of those they run fine even up to 1050MHz or so very easily and they run 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.0V. What vdimm are you using? If all fails try working with one memory stick at a time in case u have a bad one. One more thing are you mixing RAM sets, meaning do you have another set you are using in addition to this one?

nope this is the only memory in the computer, in dual channel.

I think I'm close to finding my problem from reading the user manual on G. Skill's site, luckily they have the settings for my exact bios.

So far its working, but I'm not sure whats going to happen when i go to change my CPU FSB and lower the ratio to 1:1. I think i was using the wrong strap. We'll see..

I notivced with mine I have to bump up the NB volts to run mine at 500+ but that was on 965 and p35 boards

I notivced with mine I have to bump up the NB volts to run mine at 500+ but that was on 965 and p35 boards

Well' I'll try that anyway. I know my problem is sub-timings, when i overclock some of them change, and one i can't set to what G Skill suggest it phase adjust to "0", the lowest my bios has is "1". However on AUTO, it will set itself to "0" if on the right strap. Right now I'm on 2.00D strap, which is 400mhz i think.

I just upped my NB volts, and we'll see if i get a lockup.. :bang head

(crossing fingers..)

It was the north bridge voltage, now i just need to get a new stable OC.

I'm still having trouble getting anything above 4.5Ghz for benching. I get hard lockups after about 5 minutes into windows, no bsod . Sounds like the NB might need even more voltage. As it is, for a 4.6Ghz run, i had to give it "+0.175v".. :screwy:

Back