• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBot thread update issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfather1138

When I submitted my score via update I got some sort of cookie error when it was trying to update the first post. I was wondering if there is some setting I need to change to allow HWbot to work properly. My HWbot page showed the score so it ran properly I just was not added to the list (3DMarko6).

Thanks

Please don't force a scan on the main page, the bot will do it for you...you just need to be patient, it can take up to 24 hours for a default scan and update to appear :)

lol, I always force scans on the main page after I submit a score. I rarely have the patience.

I'll refrain from doing so in the future. :p

The main reason I say that is some people force a scan on the entire thread, that is a bad idea (I wish fred would remove it) and can cause lots of problems. Scanning the last page or updating only (if you posted directly to hwbot) is OK ;)

I did an update from hwbot, and had it check the latest post (last page). I will not do this in the future, but my question still stands about the updating of the list. Will this happen at a later time after my score is submitted, or were the errors I saw related to me not getting added very quickly?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I am just trying to learn how this system works so that I can become a productive part of the benching team some day.

Back