• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VM error... lil' help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

I have been running 2xVM for a while and I shut down my comp to upgrade my memory. When I rebooted I get errors and can't start the clients. I was hoping someone could help so I don't have to reinstall...

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 49
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 49
hmmm... good suggestion but it's not really an option. I was upgrading it to 4GB because Vista + 2 VM is pushing it for 2GB.

Doe Vista see the 4 gig ram , maybe go into VMware settings and change allocated ram for Host and VM's to use

That looks like it can't connect to itself. Firewall is enabled?

thanks, guys. I gave up because those things looked okay and uninstalled. After I reinstalled it still wouldn't let me run it!

BUT I FOUND THE PROBLEM

ThreatFire, which I recently installed, must have mucked it up. I had it on the normal setting and I didn't get a warning about it needing permission for anything. Even when I suspended it using right-click it still wouldn't work. Immediately after I installed it, I can start a virtual machine. Unfortunately I have to reinstall, though...

Back