• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

banging my head and not getting anywhere on this !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

ok here is my problem.

recently we setup a new network scheme + installed a IP phone system. my problem isnt with the system, but getting acces to a vlan to a "server"

we have put a department on a Vlan in hopes of being able to do more with the department in regards to strict network applications. we have our own network that we can run records querys on people to find out if person x has a warrant or whatever. that was our main reason to put them on their own vlan.

we have access lists in place in conjunction with the vlans. that are denying all but www / 443 to anything not on the ACL

the ip of 10.1.1.53 is on the "permitted" ACL this means i should be able to access all ports via any machine on the networked vlan correct? i understand that the ACL works as a heigharchy and anything under the "denies" still gets "denied" on the cisco IOS atleast

we use our sonicwall pro 3060 as our data routing and i'm not sure i have 100% the right information and i would like to pick some of your guy's brains.
i right now, need FTP (all ports) and 3 ports in the 4000's range and the 4000's ports are all UDP, FTP is used for reports. these are routed to the direct IP and i can not get to it, however, i'm not sure i did this right? the other times i fixed this issue via telnet / voice routing but i dont have this down and its been a week or so and this guy is bugging me immensely to fix this.

could anyone tell me what i may be doing wrong? its a pain to call him every time to ask him to try because i get the same run around from him. i havent tried to traceroute the IP, should i start there?

What is the default gateway of the network? Do you have a simple diagram explaining what you have and what you're trying to accomplish?

i dont have a diagram.

the default gateway is our packet shaper switch which also is our acl hub (10.1.1.6) and the last resort is 10.1.1.220 our sonic wall.

the box we need to get to is on the first floor. with the vlaned network, however, its not apart of the vlan. it gets trunked via fiber back to a 4537 cisco switch i belive the model was. we can access it on the normal data vlan1 yet not the vlan3 network.

Back