• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOL changes screen resolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steveeb

Hello, I'm trying to figure out an issue that my dad has with one of his friends computers. The problem being he's in AZ and I'm in CA.

It seems whenever this guy launches AOL, the screen resolution changes (lowers). Any ideas how to fix it? My dad (almost 80) is getting frustrated trying to help this guy. The guy also absolutely refuses to give up AOL even though it uses the free service thru Cox.

Any help would be appreciated.

My parents have AOL and to tell you the truth I hate this program. My parent sdeal with the same problem. I think its common when using AOL.

Perhaps its not the resolution changing, maybe somehow the accessability settings got changed in AOL, therefore making it look like a lower resolution?

Check out this link

What a mess. Upon talking with my dad further, it seems that AOL is NOT lowering the resolution, but increasing it. He tells me that "everything gets smaller" but after it happens and he goes to change the resolution in the control panel, the slider is all the way to the LEFT??

All I know is AOL is changing the resolution - up, down, right left, I don't know :bang head

I told him that he should remove AOL completely for this guy. He should install AIM, set IE's home page to AOL.com, and change the icon of IE on the desktop to the AOL icon. Then tell the guy it's a "new version" of AOL.

What a mess. Upon talking with my dad further, it seems that AOL is NOT lowering the resolution, but increasing it. He tells me that "everything gets smaller" but after it happens and he goes to change the resolution in the control panel, the slider is all the way to the LEFT??

All I know is AOL is changing the resolution - up, down, right left, I don't know :bang head

I told him that he should remove AOL completely for this guy. He should install AIM, set IE's home page to AOL.com, and change the icon of IE on the desktop to the AOL icon. Then tell the guy it's a "new version" of AOL.

Go with firefox, im sure there is a skin out there that imitates AOL

Back