• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p35 ds3l problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClownBaby

hi all,

I've been running this board for about 2 months now without incident, and am now having problems overclocking. Before I go any further, here is the setup.

Q6600 G0
P35ds3l
8800gt
2gb pc6400

Everything was running normally until last night. I made an adjustment in easytune and noticed it wouldn't take. Then, then the bios kept resetting to default values. I've been running the Q6600at a very stable 3.4ghz , which I clocked down from 3.6 which was the highest stable clock i could get. I don't think the processor is the problem. Now if I try and overclock at all, the computer will restart after the boot screen. Even if I keep all values stock and just enable the host clock control function with stock values it will not work.

With that said, everything runs normally if I leave on default settings. I have reset the cmos without any improvement. I tried 2 different BIOS versions I returned all of the settings on the 8800gt to stock. I also tried underclocking the CPU and dropping the voltage. NADA.

thanks in advance for any help

unplug the system and take out the cmos battery and leave it overnight... that happened to me on the ds3r and it fixed that problem

ya id take the cmos batt out, unplug the psu and press the power button on the comp to try and turn the comp on without it plugged in, this will discharge the caps in the psu.

Next go to the market and grab a new 3v battery

BTW, I MADE EMANS SIG!! hahah

Back