• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is GTA4 tanking the PSN?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I saw some of you guys playing multiplayer tonight so some of it is working at least. I tired to DL the F@H client (for some reason it is making me do it over again) and it was a no go. Went to the PSN store and it was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW, like back when they first launched it. Then tried to download the Iron Man demo and it too was a no go. Launched the internet browser and had no issue at all..... I wonder if even though they aren't using PSN servers for GTA4 if there sheer volume is causing it to tank? Anybody else noticing this?

Everything seems to go a bit faster over months time to me...

Everything in PSN is modular unlike XBL, things don't really slow down as a whole, just things here and there if they're getting a lot of traffic.

GTAIV online has always worked for me, except for a few hours on one day. Everything on PSN has ran fine for me today.

Is working now... ugh, time for bed.... too much GTA4... I think I played for at least 5 hours tonight.

I'll be back in my apartment Friday and maybe I'LL finally get a chance to play for five hours... after I change the sheets, and pillow cases that have gathered dust over the past few months, set-up my internet access, cook, call all my friends and tell them I'm alive again...

Ok... So I should get at least 20 minutes in... Sigh...

And yes: PSN has been pretty damned slow lately. Just downloaded Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds) Demo. It was only 600 megs and it took forever. It took forever to download Haze too.

Back