• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR + Tualatin mobo and OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedy4500

In the near future, I will be constructing myself a computer. Right now, I am looking towards a CeleronT 1300 and some motherboard with DDR support. Jetway makes an almost perfect board, the 635CS, that supports both SDRAM and DDR SDRAM, as well as having FSB up to 150, AGP 4x, and onboard LAN. The thing is that I could not find any distributor in the US. It is a microATX board which is what I want, there won't be room for a huge tower in the room that it will be residing in. If using a regular ATX board would mean significantly higher performance, I think I would probably be able to fit it in somehow. Secondly, how much do you think the CeleronT 1300 could OC? At stock speed, it emits 29 watts. Do you think it would be possible to run it at 133 FSB (133*13=1730) with a very good and well-thought-out air cooling system (i.e. a fresh air ducted Swiftech MCX370)?

Or should I scrap that plan wait for newer stuff (Northwoods, Throughbred) in the next 4 months? Just like to get some input on the whole thing.

You'd be pushing for 1.7 gig.....1.6 is hard enough!

You would be better off with a 1.0 or 1.1 gig Tualatin chip....That way you could up your FSB as high as possible (if your mobo allows it) and get the maximum bandwidth that DDR can provide!

nucro said:

well i knew that but i was thinking that once the bus was oced to about 160-166 then the benefits of DDR would start to show...160fsb with a 1.0 tualatin would not be unheard of...

Out of subject...but

Well...hold your horses about 160+ fsb's with the T/1.0A.....cause the first posts and experiences dont show us such a heavenly made cpu....(300A , 550E ,700E)......

actually onl oldfart and his gigabyte board have shown us bad results (if you consider 400mhz bad), but ol' man and Fluid have found people who have gotten past 1600....

funnyperson1 said:

well i knew that but i was thinking that once the bus was oced to about 160-166 then the benefits of DDR would start to show...160fsb with a 1.0 tualatin would not be unheard of...

well the scores at 133 fsb are not promising so I wouldn't be excited about the scores at even 160 fsb.

I think I can change my mind after I see this:
Sisoft%20mem3.jpg

He has his P866@936@144 fsb here

Back