• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Roadmap - Admits Faults & Coming Clean, Also Server RM News

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am sure the server market won't be shaken up by these parts, but AMd will always have a place in it. Here's hoping they hang in there, otherwise we (the consumers) are screwed.

I am sure the server market won't be shaken up by these parts, but AMd will always have a place in it. Here's hoping they hang in there, otherwise we (the consumers) are screwed.

I do not think screwed is a strong enough word, however the word I would choose, would get me in trouble :)

About this time last year we talked up the Barcelona still not knowing the status of X4 which is now Phenom X3 and X4. At least this year we know what is coming for the desktop market and just like the 65nm shrink, Deneb and Propus should be out before we put up the tree :santa: I've been waiting for Shanghai for close to 2 year but about gave up on it. Budapest was supposed to be the 1000 series on updated Barcelona core but never released. Now a Suzuka will come in it's place http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7228&Itemid=35. Will Barcelona or Shanghai 1000 series be released? Will they offer anything better?

Improved IPC is the big hope, what that brings is higher execution rates even if they still don't overclock. We still want to see overclocking improve, that is our domain here. Phenom is still plagued with the low OC ceiling but gaming wise it runs fairly smooth. If Shang/Deneb can at least get OCs into the 3.2 Range before needing to slam it with volts then we will see some nice game platforms. We still have to wait for sometime in 2009 to get that new gate tech that will bring the NB/Cache speed up. Then you will see the power unleashed.

If they can hang on that long, AC. "Hector the Wrecktor" has put AMD in a bad money crunch and I hope they can cut the monetary bleeding by the end of the year at least. If not, I don't see how AMD will survive in it's present state.

And see, not one mention of "The Other Guys" either. ;) Hector has done quite enough damage all by his lonesome without help from the competition. :(

You would think by now they would kick Hector's but out of the company. They cannot be so blind to see that he is dragging the company down in a major way.

"Maranello"= Home of Scuderia Ferrari (Ferrari's F1 team)
"Magny-Cours"= Circuit for the French Grand Prix
"Sao Paulo"= city where Brazilian Grand Prix is held

Interesting...

Back