• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dissapointed with Warhammer vids.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

Watched a few gameplay vids of Warhammer Online...wasnt impressed. Although I dont play MMO's anymore, I was very interested in how this game would do. Maybe I watched early betas, dunno, but man it looked kind of weak.

Anyone else feel the same?

What were you expecting exactly?

I can tell you this, it definitely doesnt look even remotely as good as WOW, at least for combat. The movements look weird

I guess with all the cool classes, and customizing options...I was expecting something grand looking. But yeah, sadly, it doesnt look as good as WoW. Which doesnt seem like its that hard to do.

Could you specify what videos you looked at. A lot of videos on Youtube and such are from really old beta even pre-alpha.

What were you expecting exactly?

I can tell you this, it definitely doesnt look even remotely as good as WOW, at least for combat. The movements look weird

As much as wow has 'cartoony' graphics, the animations are top notch. And one of the reasons I have a hard time with other MMO's.

I am in the beta and messed around with it. For obvious reasons I can't go that into it (as of now), but those are not the final product. Testing now is being done on gameplay mechanics & balancing. Graphics are coming later.

I am in the beta and messed around with it. For obvious reasons I can't go that into it (as of now), but those are not the final product. Testing now is being done on gameplay mechanics & balancing. Graphics are coming later.

That makes me feel better. Glad to know!

How'd you get in? Luck? I envy you!

yeah this game has failed to impress me from the beginning...it just feels like a poor copy-cat of WoW...I don't think this will hardly get off the ground.

yeah this game has failed to impress me from the beginning...it just feels like a poor copy-cat of WoW...I don't think this will hardly get off the ground.

I agree here. This game has been touted as a WoW killer, but I really cant see it going anywhere.

My fingers are still crossed for Age of Conan next week!

AoC looks ok. Again, after playing so damn many MMO's I was hoping for something different. I know betas are....well just that beta, but I really hope AoC or WO really kicks the genre in a different direction.

Would be nice to pick up an MMO again and not have the been there done that sense.

If you guys have ever played DAoC (I played this game for a looong time before switching over to WoW at launch) the game should turn out to be great. A lot of the concepts from the game are leading towards DAoC 2. I still have a lot of faith in WH :)

If you guys have ever played DAoC (I played this game for a looong time before switching over to WoW at launch) the game should turn out to be great. A lot of the concepts from the game are leading towards DAoC 2. I still have a lot of faith in WH :)

Leading towards DAoC 2? What do you mean?

I would kill for that game :(

Best way to beat wow, is beat wow at it's own game. Address the things that people hate about wow, and basicly make it wow set in a different world. Thats wow you will beat wow, until then, nobody will ever beat wow/wow2/wow whatever.

WoW won't be pushed off its throne for a while. It has gathered so much momentum that the only way to beat it really is to wait for its momentum to wear off.

Creating a WoW killer would take immense time and money and developer talent and few companies have that, and none of them are ambitious enough...

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see an MMO that equals WoW's stature for at least 2-5 years. It's pretty depressing =/

I think warhammer will flop, its horrible looking and I don't care if they say graphics will come last.

The wow people will stick to wow, the other people will go to age of conaon.

If we havn't seen an improvement by now its not getting any better. I bet what we see now in graphics will what it will look like on release date with minor improvements but its not going to be major.

WoW was fun for me for a bit but like everything else, once maxed out, it gets too boring and time consuming... Was with DAoC since release and even stuck with it after all the LA nerfs... I think the community of gamers that tend to play these certain games vary greatly which made DAoC on a RP server more worth while... for me anyway. I will give Warhammer a try just because...

Back