• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New game by Ubisoft!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From http://endwargame.us.ubi.com/whatisendwar.php:

-----------
What is EndWar? Experience World War Three in your living room. Tom Clancy’s EndWar™ is a brand-new real-time strategy wargame that’s unlike any other. Created from the ground up for next-generation gaming consoles, this wargame puts you in control of three different armies waging a world-wide war in the year 2020. As expected from any game with the name “Tom Clancy” in the title, EndWar features vehicles, weaponry, and technology that are based on real-world military research being done today. You Are in ControlThis is paired with a chillingly relevant storyline that pits superpower against superpower in all-out war, with you in command. You'll take control of the U.S.-led Joint Strike Force, the European Enforcer Corps, and the Russian Spetznaz Guard Brigades, in both a single-player campaign and online against your friends in the persistent-world Theater of War mode. EndWar goes beyond other wargames by letting you use your own voice to control your units, for strategy at the speed of thought.Putting You in the Battle Instead of the traditional top-down/isometric view, EndWar uses a unique third-person camera that puts you in the heart of the battle. Thousands of units can be engaged at a time in fully destructible 3D battlefields. Flanking, cover, suppression, and all the basics of combat are taken into account as you battle your way across Europe and the United States. KEY FEATURES A new Tom Clancy franchise
An RTS game unlike any other
Built “from the ground up” to be a console game
Revolutionary voice command system
Set in the year 2020
Features near-future weaponry based on real-world research being done today
Persistent-world online multiplayer battles
40 battlefields set in Europe and the United States
Fully destructible environments
Massive battles with more than 1000 units

-----------

Yay, another console port!

Hmmm looks interesting. It would be very cool to be able to have a huge war with a few hundred or even thousand people playing.

Hopefully its not too complicated. So it's like a RTS game not a FPS I take it?

The voice thing I'm not terribly excited about, but I figure it can't hurt because there will surely be traditional input alternatives for everything. The voice thing is probably mostly to help play on console with a controller.

The third person part does have me a little spooked. Sure, it's probably "immersive" like that...but gameplay in an RTS is about being able to see (and control) things clearly. They may have alternative camera types, too.

Back