• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BD7 ... who's DDR works best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnfort

Registered
I'm putting together an Abit BD7 with a 1.9 P4. Has any one had either good or bad experience with brands or types of DDR DIMMS? ECC or Non-ECC, Kingston, Micron, Crcial, registered, etc??? I'm planning on using two sticks of 512.

Thanks, Johnfort

Can't go wrong with Crucial, it's cheap and free shipping. I believe they actually have the fastest DDR RAM availible at the moment.

Take a look at this Tech Report article also. Some good info there, never hurts to have a second opinion right?:) Welcome to the forums!

Abit BD7 ... DDR

Monster of Rock, Thanks for the reply, I've always used Kingston, but keep hearing Crucial. I'll give it a run. I missed the Abit review from earlier research. It confirms my opinion for stable, moderately priced free speed. This will be my 5th Abit Motherboard. Had nothing but good luck. Johnfort

I want a Northwood will this run in teh BD7. also I was planning ddr instead of rimms. Will a 1.6northwood run at 16x133=2128?

el, I'm still on "The Dark Side" (un-informed) of this issue. I haven't as yet put the pieces together for the smoke test. That will happen this weekend. I've gotten the 1.9/478 P4 for my MoBo, I am aware that it will go to 2.3Ghz with no trouble. Anything past that, or regarding the 1.6 is unknown to me. Sorry.

Yes, according to Abit, as long as you use the most recent BIOS update, any of their socket 478 mobos will support the Northwood.

I think I will still wait cuz I don't need a fourth box but the prices are very good adn the mobo does sound pretty sweet.

Back