• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS just ****ed me off for the last time..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

W T F is wrong with these damn idiots.. shipping my new work vest from california to Tacoma/Seattle area via 2 day air mail

Shipping from

Aliso Veijo California

Arrives in

Ontario California

THAN!!! THAN!!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Arrives in

LOUISVILLE FRAKING KENTUCKY!

How the hell does it go from california to kentucky THAN all the way back to Seattle/Tacoma and not just from California to Washington..

Last edited:
Everything has to go through the hub in KY. Common knowledge. Even OVERNIGHT stuff.

Sounds like it'll get there in two business days then. No worries. One thing I've learned about UPS is that they'll never deliver a package before the delivery date they set. They occasionally might deliver it late, but they'll never deliver it early.

Actually I'd be mad too, that's more than the guaranteed two day service. It should be there on Saturday. Sunday is understandable but it ships on Thursday morning, it should be to you on Saturday morning imo. This we charge extra or don't do Saturdays is BS. I'm more or less agreeing with ya Fr3k3r.

Actually I'd be mad too, that's more than the guaranteed two day service. It should be there on Saturday. Sunday is understandable but it ships on Thursday morning, it should be to you on Saturday morning imo. This we charge extra or don't do Saturdays is BS. I'm more or less agreeing with ya Fr3k3r.

The day it ships is never counted as one of the days in transit. If you ship on Thursday, Friday is your first day in transit and Monday is the delivery day (for two day shipping).

The day it ships is never counted as one of the days in transit. If you ship on Thursday, Friday is your first day in transit and Monday is the delivery day (for two day shipping).

Yup. They only deliver on business days unless you actually pay extra for Saturday. The only complaint you should have is the randomness of it being sent to KY, but don't expect it tomarrow unless the place you ordered it from actually paid the extra fee for Saturday delivery.

I wasn't sure if your other comment about every shipment going through KY was sarcasm or not, but I have had plenty of shipments from Newegg go directly from the Baldwin Park terminal straight to me the next day(when shipped from their So. Cal. warehouse).

Sat. Delivery will cost about $40 more for a 5lb package (if you think that is high try FedEx First Overnight (before 8:30am) with Sat. Delivery. The last one I sent was over $650 for 4 lbs going about 400 miles). The above post was correct in that you never count the shipping day. If you want it on Friday via 2 day air it has to ship by Wednesday.

There are numerous reasons it went to KY. UPS uses complex routing systems that take into account how full the planes and trucks are. Ontario, CA is a hub for them as is KY. Basically they had a plane leaving KY going to WA that had room and there was no flight or room from CA to WA. Basically with UPS, if you are gambling that you will get a 2-day in one day you are SOL. They deliver at the speed you paid. FedEx on the other hand will deliver faster if they can.

As for getting shipments direct from the Newegg whse to you. If you live close enough they will send it on a ground truck and you will get it on time. Once again this depends on the routing system as well as the pick-up times.

Sunday delivery will add about $100+. If you ever need Sunday delivery you would be better off trying Delta Dash or some other airline's Counter to Counter service. Keep in mind that UPS is union. It ain't cheap to get those guys to work on Sat. or Sun.

Not gonna be here till Monday night, shipped out first thing yesterday :(

and why the hell does it ALWAY have to go through kent?

i guess im just having a bad week.. :screwy:

Because that is where their air volume is sorted. Its the UPS World Port. Ontario California was the stop the air container made before heading onto KY.

It still will get to you in 2 business days, so I don't see the point of the thread. If you really needed it sooner, you should've paid for saturday delivery. Also, I'm pretty sure the package would've arrived by Monday had you shipped ground. Check this nifty little tool out on the UPS website: http://www.ups.com/maps?loc=en_US

Back