• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steady65

Hello all, new to the forum but have been reading it a while. I'm building a new machine and would like some opinions. This is what I've ordered from Newegg. I'm pretty happy with it but am starting to second guess my powersupply choice. Is it good enough for this rig. I'm not going to SLI, at least for now and won't be overclocking.... much :)

BIOSTAR TA770 A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor

mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Rosewill R604-P SL 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

XFX PVT88PYHE4 GeForce 8800GT Extreme 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0

Rosewill RP550V2-S-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply

I know this probably outdated for alot of you, but I'm coming from an athlon XP 1800+ so it should be a huge upgrade for me. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Liike I said, my biggest worry is the power supply, but if someone sees something else that is a potential disaster, speak up :)

You could save some and loose nothing except for the multi by going with a slower G2 brisbane can be found from 4000+ and up, I would second getting a newer mobo than the 770.

Back