• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Debate: "3d" water cooling radiator made of copper right angles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mepis

Every once in a while I get bored enough and wonder over to hardocp to check out the news items over there. Save your comments for another time about that... Anyway I saw a thing up over there apperently of some company making a "3d" water cooling radiator made from nothing but copper right angle tubing parts. It's basically a large cube of nothing but copper right angles.

I was wondering what you people thought about this? I know flow rate would be seriosuly impended and you would need a hefty pump to push it through that much of a mess. I was thinking about building one of these someday, maybe over the summer, to see exacly what would happen. I was thinking maybe something a little longer then the picture below encased with a high power pump and two large fans at either end. Anyone debate and let me know what you think despite the large pump being needed.

Edit: Picture wont post so here's a link to the image.

It is a neat idea, but I think it would hurt more than help.

-Poor water flow
-Huge restriction
-Horrible airflow
-Most likely expensive

I'll stick to other rads, thanks anyway. ;)

Looks cool as hell...but I hate external set-ups. It would be tough to get that into a case.

Yes it would. I was thinking an external set up if I even try it. Stil debating as a summer project. I can see both sides as why it would and wouldnt work. I do have access to very large pond pumps and stuff so I dont know.

that seems just plain old silly to me. by bunching it together like that you are pretty much just cutting off all of that surface area that you were trying to create.

well those Iwaki MD-100 arn't that expensive anymore at 350$ it should do the job with only high eardrum damage(go WMD for extreme to deaf damage type)

It is a neat idea, but I think it would hurt more than help.

-Poor water flow
-Huge restriction
-Horrible airflow
-Most likely expensive

I'll stick to other rads, thanks anyway. ;)

this would be one of them fun rads to stick in ice water or in the freezer ....

The word 3d should have gave it away. Just some dumb render... as for the feasibility of it, I think most of the points have directly and indirectly been addressed.

Back