• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New setup help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I am going to install a BR/HD-DVD player in my daughters rig. Have a DVI to HDMI cable to hook to her plasma tv. Now, can I have the comp monitor cable and the dvi hooked up at the same time? also audio, she has a set of Logitech 5.1 speakers hooked to rig, how do I run audio to TV? I have a movie rig of my own, but it is hooked directly to my tv so not sure how to do one hooked to monitor and a tv. Thanks for any help here.

Hiya Chuck :)

The audio you will need to hook up from audio OUT (PC) to audio IN (TV). I think you'll need a small male 1/8 jack to 2 RCA jacks.

Like this

Now the Monitor/TV i'm unsure of, but most likely you can hook them both up, but only one will work at a time. They both cannot be powered on. Me thinks you have the turn the monitor power off, then turn the TV power on and vice versa for them to work independantly.

Am I making sense? :shrug:

The audio you will need to hook up from audio OUT (PC) to audio IN (TV). I think you'll need a small male 1/8 jack to 2 RCA jacks.

Like this

Now the Monitor/TV i'm unsure of, but most likely you can hook them both up, but only one will work at a time. They both cannot be powered on. Me thinks you have the turn the monitor power off, then turn the TV power on and vice versa for them to work independantly.

The audio is the problem as the out jack is being used by 5.1 system. It is the green one.

I believe that you should be able to run both the monitor and plasma screen simultainusly if your video card has two outputs. I can do it with my 8800GT.

And I think you should also be able to run two "green" jacks off the sound card and not need a splitter. Like on the last two sound cards I've had when ever I plug something into the one of six audio jacks it asks me what I plugged in. So if I use my TV and speakers I tell it that the first two I plug in are front speakers and that the two others are center/sub and rear speakers.

Like this

I believe that you should be able to run both the monitor and plasma screen simultainusly if your video card has two outputs. I can do it with my 8800GT.

And I think you should also be able to run two "green" jacks off the sound card and not need a splitter. Like on the last two sound cards I've had when ever I plug something into the one of six audio jacks it asks me what I plugged in. So if I use my TV and speakers I tell it that the first two I plug in are front speakers and that the two others are center/sub and rear speakers.

Running a 7600GT with 2 DVI outputs. ill be running a XFi Xtremegamer card, only plug left after using first 3 is the white for mic/optical.

Ahhh, so get a 1/8 "Y" splitter like this one. Plug the splitter in the Green output and you'll have 2 outputs. One of which will go to the TV.

:)

Trying to avoid this, as I have done it before and the adapter starts getting loose and losing contact.

Back