• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterCooling motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Was looking at the BlackOps and the Maximus Formula SE

They include NB waterblocks.

I think this is going to be important since I just switched to a rocketfish and only SERIOUS mods would make it equal the NZXT Zero as far as cooling capacity.

Just installed a GTS 640 aftrer running a 3850 512MB... CPU temps went up 10C ram got so hot I BSOd'ed. Quite a little barn burner...

Since I want to WC my GPU and probably RAM, (OCZ Flex2 im looking at down the road) the NB is another thing that really tosses a lot of heat.

My ip35 pro for instance.

If I had to WC the NB I would then eitehr have to also WC the PWM and SB or rely on air cooling... which airflow is not going to be so good in the is case... so...

Are there other mobos like the Maximus and Blackops that include a Air or WC option.. or is there a place to get coolers that WC the NB and heatippe the SB and PWMS?

Dont really want to spend 300+ on a mobo nor 150 on a mobo and then 150 on blocks :p

thanks

I looked for an Intel equivalent of the M3A32 but couldn't find one. :(

The M3A32 has double heatpipes from the NB to an over-large cooler over the PMWs and a flat-topped NB block, which will lend itself nicely to WC (MCW-30? ;)) when/if the time comes. For now the NB is fine but I have pretty good airflow around it. That may change when I switch to WC ...

No other options? I am thinking about keeping my ip35 pro for my gaming PC... if I can WC it effectively that would be cool so WC blocks that cover NB but still heatpipe the other 2 things would be cool....

Back