• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first OC results (E8400)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wrathre

Registered
Results from my current attempts at my first OC. Here's what I've gotten so far, 8 hours prime95 stable. If anyone has any suggestions for things I should change/look into, feel free to let me know, all input is appreciated.

Benchresults.jpg

Looks Great!!!! :bday:

I'm going to be looking for similar results when I start pushing my rig soon.

Thanks all, glad to know things look pretty good with these settings.

I'll be putting it to some good use this up coming week. I've got a 73' DLP to hook it up to for Crysis. Will post some pics of the set up once it's going.

Thanks all, glad to know things look pretty good with these settings.

I'll be putting it to some good use this up coming week. I've got a 73' DLP to hook it up to for Crysis. Will post some pics of the set up once it's going.

:drool:

Yeah... What Football stadium are you using for that 73 foot DLP? LOL at least you can sell tickets, right? ;-)

Heh, it's the 73inch Mitsubishi DLP, got it on a special closeout about 6 months ago for a little under 2k. Hard to resist @ that price.

Currently the temp will max out at 61-62C under full load. Any suggestions on what's the max I should let it get to before I continue with testing? I know I could probably drop that slightly by reapplying the as5 and heat sink.

Last edited:
Bumped up my specs a little, gets up to about 66C now under full load, only ran prime95 for 6 hours but did indeed stay stable @ that. Was storming so I cut it short last night:

4200results.jpg

On another note, I up'd the timings on the ram to 6-6-6-18, going to work on adjusting those.

Man, 903 points short of 20k now.

Last edited:
Nice indeed. Whats the bios voltage your giving it or is 1.35V actual voltage?

These indeed clock nicely I've had zero issues with clocking mine appropriately just the time to play around with it at higher clocks is another thing.

Back